Board Minutes - 14 June 2011
Meeting of the .au Domain Administration Board
14 June 2011 - 11.00am
Maddocks. Level 7, 140 William Street. Melbourne VIC 3000
Tony Staley (Chair), Kim Heitman, Chris Disspain, Julie Hammer, Graham McDonald, Josh Rowe, Marty Drill, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Amin Kroll, George Pongas, Dwayne Varey, Rosemary Sinclair
Peter Nettlefold (DBCDE), Jo Lim (auDA), Jacki O’Sullivan (auDA-Minutes), Derek Whitehead (Reference item 5), John Higgins (Reference item 2- 7)
- Continuous Disclosure
Dwayne Varey advised the board (via email 2 June 2011) that he has resigned from his current role with iiNET and taken up a new position as CTO with Registrar, Uber Global.
- Confirmation of April 2011 Minutes
The minutes of the 19 April 2011 Board meeting were confirmed.
- Policy Development
2010 Names Policy Panel:
• Derek Whitehead, Chair of the 2010 Names Policy Panel, provided a summary and status. To date, there have been 10 submissions and 31 survey responses to the Panel’s second public consultation. Final discussions will take place at the next panel meeting on 16 June. This is likely to be the final panel meeting with the final recommendations paper due to be submitted to the August Board meeting.
- Finance Report
• The Board noted the May 2011 accounts.
• The Audit Services Request for Tender will be issued to selected companies and responses considered at the August Board meeting, for formal approval at the 2011 AGM.
- Approval of 2011-2012 Budget
• The board noted the 2011-2012 budget.
• K Heitman endorsed the budget on behalf of the Finance Committee.
Motion (proposed K Heitman, seconded M Drill):
That the board approve the 2011-2012 budget.
- AusRegistry Presentation
Adrian Kinderis, CEO and Maggie Whitnall from AusRegistry attended and gave a summary of AusRegistry activities and commitments under the Registry Licence Agreement. The Board will gather information via the email list and advise AusRegistry on suggested topics for presentation at future Board meetings.
- CEO Report
• The CEO report was noted.
• Board members noted progress on implementation of the recommendations contained in the Board & Membership Structure Sub-Committee final report.
The following membership applications were approved in the classes indicated:
Name of Applicant Class Ricky Jay van Berkel Demand Insynrg Pty Ltd Demand David Harry Demand Victor Ng Demand Stuart Benjamin Demand Naomi Benjamin Demand Peter Moon Demand Andrew Murray Demand Kovi Henenberg Demand Jump P/L Demand Liam Widdowson Demand Amba Communications P/L Demand Bill McGrath Demand Strategic Chemistry P/L Demand Kelly Taylor Demand Matthew Hall Demand Susan Mack Demand Website Essentials P/L Supply Provida Pty Ltd Demand Ian Robert Polman Demand Trinah Pickering Demand Michael Cafarella Demand Casey Stevens Demand Kym Squire Demand BigBangDomains.com.au Demand Peter Anderson Demand Robin Schmitt Demand Craig Ng Demand Chris Burgess Demand Nik Kingsman Demand William Standen Demand Lu Zhang Demand Joanne Dinh Demand Zara Hassan Demand Suzanna Broome Demand Paul Woods Demand Patrick Sharry Demand PS2 Pty Ltd Demand Paul Levins Demand Levins Consulting Demand Govind Pillai Demand Anders Sundberg Demand Craig Malouf Demand Darrel Andrew Menzies Demand Nicole Yvonne Quelhurst Demand Debbie McIntyre Demand Christopher Steven McIntyre Demand Michelle Lee Howell Demand Richard Denver Demand Stefan Willoughby Demand Wendy Colin Demand David Fromant Demand Vanessa Tyrer Demand Michael Shaw Demand Will Denver Demand Jamie Denver Demand Chris Denver Demand Barry Tyrer Demand Michael Hardiman Demand Cameron Groppi Demand Monty Hamilton Demand Wendy Praud Demand Dale Reeves Demand Jennifer Kieran Demand Luke Cuthbertson Demand David Connolly Demand John Hillier Demand Julian Penwright Demand Carl Hovey Demand Tim Noonan Demand Michelle Jakubowska Demand Jayne Bailey Demand George Pongas Demand Pipeflow Pty Ltd-Nick Waddell Demand Krista Papac Demand
- Proposed changes to Constitution
• The proposed changes to the constitution were reviewed and discussed. The changes deal with the proposal to introduce a ‘Life Members’ scheme, updating references to legislation and removing redundant provisions, and changes to the timeframe for handling membership renewals.
• It was agreed that Maddocks would revise the wording as discussed and resubmit the final suggested changes together with the proposed formal resolutions to the August Board meeting for formal approval at the 2011 AGM.
- Board Correspondence
There was no Board correspondence.
- Other Business
• Board members were requested to advise any change of address to Jo Lim & Jacki O’Sullivan via email so that the necessary ASIC and company paperwork can be completed as required.
- Next Meeting
The next board meeting will be held on Monday 15 August 2010 at 11.00am.